The 21-day fix is a diet to keep you fit and balanced. The so-called three-week diet gives you so many epic benefits. People worldwide make the most of it and become more good-looking and healthy.
Still, does ‘21 day fix pregnancy’ really work? What are the pros and cons of a diet based on plant protein, healthy fats, and non-starchy vegetables?
Stay tuned! We have all the diets’ ins and outs for you now!
What Is ‘Pregnant 21 Day Fix’?
Prestigious physician Dr. Mehmet Oz invented the Dr. Oz 21-day weight-loss breakthrough diet. The three-week diet is the ‘’jump-start’’ in keeping the body fit and healthy. That’s the bomb!
It heads to the weight-loss target by a low-calorie and balanced diet in just 3 weeks.
21 day-fix pregnancy (also called Beachbody 21-day fix) includes a diet and Beachbody pregnancy workouts for a quick weight loss of up to 15 pounds.
The whole plan centralizes the unprocessed ingredients. Still, not everyone can pursue it for long due to lacking calories to convert energy for daily activities.
The plan also requires a 30-min-last cardiovasc ular exercise per day. It directly helps heart health and weight loss.
Overall, pregnant women must contemplate before getting into this program. Keep reading its following pros and cons!
What Are ‘21 Day Fix Pregnancy’ Pros And Cons?
The ‘pregnancy 21 day fix’ plan comes up with its advantages and disadvantages:
1. May Help You Lose Weight
Many weight-loss strategies are included in the 21 day pregnancy challenge.
For example, cutting away fast food and sugars helps people lose weight. Meanwhile, those drinking many sugar-sweetened beverages and added sugar are more likely to be obese or overweight.
Research of 4,000 participants reported that people eating processed meat more than three times as normal are 33% more likely to be obese.
Instead, the Autumn Calabrese pregnant meal focuses on eating high-fiber, high-protein foods and drinking water, resulting in rapid weight loss.
2. Containers Teach Portion Control
It’s non-debatable in portion control’s ability to derail weight loss.
The plan’s color-coded containers would deter the dieters somehow. As a result, followers will lose weight in no time.
You’ll also find it easier to keep on track this way. Using portable containers instead of measuring spoons and cups may be more convenient.
3. Pregnancy Workout Beachbody Is The Program’s Core Part
30-mins Beachbody workouts while pregnant inside the plan will target various body’s parts.
Several people like shedding pounds yet often undervalue the physical activities. It’s never a good viewpoint.
Following the plan means that you would engage in Autumn Calabrese pregnancy workouts. Once you understand the daily exercises’ role, you may keep yourself physically active after 21 days.
As far as we mentioned, a ’21 day fix while pregnant’ plan should go with gentle exercise, yoga, etc.
4. Boosting Healthy Eating
From the moment you receive the blessing news, a plan while pregnant comes to your mind in seconds. How about 21 day-fix pregnancy?
The plan aims to encourage nutrient-dense foods, such as complex carbs, lean proteins, and vegetables.
It emphasized prepared meals and against unhealthy, nutrient-poor, and fast food when on the go. For illustration, the plan never appeals to you to have low-calorie packaged snacks, meal bars, frozen dinners, to name a few.
A wide range of foods in various groups will certainly increase your health in no time.
1. The Focus Is on Short-Term Weight Loss
As the name suggests, the 21-day fix program will last for 3 weeks only. It’s a short-term period.
Meanwhile, most weight-loss strategies focus on consistent and slow changes over time rather than quick fat loss. You may rapidly regain weight after the plan ends unless you carefully keep fit.
2. Seem To Be Extremely Restrictive For Some
The entire 21 Day Fix program covers only the portion-controlled containers.
It works brilliantly to prevent overeating. Still, relying solely on containers may be too restrictive for some, notably pregnant women.
Indeed, the mothers easily get burnt out due to insufficient nutrition intake. Even if the short-term plan is no longer effective, some people struggle with disordered eating habits owing to their excessive portion tracking.
3. High-Cost Supplements Sometimes
Once following the Beachbody pregnancy workout calendar, you might as well shop for Beachbody products like pre-workout Supplement Energize, post-workout supplement Recover, and Shakeology protein shake.
The whole program often costs roughly $59.85 to $69.95, which is somewhat expensive. Still, the costs would increase for additional bonus workouts or supplements within the plan.
4. Dieters Must Calculate Their Calorie Needs
Dieters must calculate their calorie demands during the plan, which is a major flaw.
The strategy follows the arbitrary 750-calorie deficit criterion for all dieters, regardless of age, gender, or health.
When accompanied with exercise, negating 750 calories per day could lead to quick weight loss. It isn’t, however, inherently healthy altogether.
For instance, a 145-pound person eats only 1,245 calories all day long. To individuals with busy careers and pregnant ladies, it is a pittance.
Mothers-to-be may also get hypoglycemia, mood changes, and compulsive eating symptoms of too few calories consumed.
What Are Recommended Food During The 21 Day Fix?
Once pregnant, you start planning strategies to boost the health of your babies, such as Pumping before birth, Beachbody pregnancy workout autumn plan, and so on.
We’ve rounded up a must-known list for 21 Day Fix Plan:
- Vegetables: Watercress, kale, spinach, collard greens, Brussels sprouts, asparagus, broccoli, beets, peppers, tomatoes, cauliflower, etc.
- Fruits: blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, guava, pomegranate, guava, passion fruit, star fruit, cantaloupe, watermelon, oranges, cantaloupe, apples, tangerines, etc.
- Carbs: plantains, sweet potato, quinoa, lentils, beans, edamame, peas, cassava, brown rice, amaranth, nonfat refried beans, potatoes, buckwheat, etc.
- Proteins: Lean ground chicken or turkey (≥93% lean), sardines, skinless chicken/turkey breast, fish (salmon, cod, tuna, trout, catfish, tilapia), egg whites, tofu, greek yogurt, Shakeology, etc.
- Seeds: Sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, olives, and ground flax seeds.
- Condiments and seasonings: Vinegar (white wine, red wine, cider), lemon or lime juice, mustard, garlic herbs, ginger, unsweetened hot sauce, flavor extracts.
- Oils and nut butter: extra-virgin olive/coconut oil, walnut oil, flaxseed oil, nut butter (almond, cashew, peanut, you name it), pumpkin-seed oil, seed butter (sunflower, tahini).
- Healthy fats: Almonds, avocados, pistachios, cashews, walnuts, peanuts, pecans, coconut milk, hummus, and cheeses.
It’s worth changing your healthy-eating habits from now on. That’s a great idea to head to the ‘21 Day fix pregnancy’ plan.
The pregnancy period plays a key role in each child’s life. Going for such nutrient-dense foods seems different! Its merits are non-debatable to your children.
Still, we recommend consulting an experienced dietitian while pregnant for individualized dietary advice.