You are preparing a new dish but have accidentally burnt your valued Calphalon pans. Are you wondering what the next step you should take to fix this problem?
Don’t worry because this article will provide you with a detailed answer to the question, “how to clean burnt calphalon pans” to make your cookware as clean as new. Let’s dive in!
Overview Of A Calphalon Pans
Before finding the remedy for the question: “How to clean burnt calphalon pans”. Let’s take a look at the origin and use of this special cookware.
The Calphalon pan was first introduced to the public by the leading manufacturer of cookware and home appliance-Newell Rubbermaid.
Shortly after its launch, this cooking utensil quickly gained immense popularity worldwide and is used in almost every home in America.
What sets Calphalon pans apart from other non-stick cookware produced by its competitor like Teflon is the anodized aluminum non-stick surface.
This unique material has an even bigger appeal to cooks who choose frying as their preferred cooking method.
You may come across this kind of kitchenware being labeled as “Hard-anodization”. But what does this mean?
It is an electrochemical process that the firm utilizes to make the aluminum surface harder.
Therefore, the aluminum in this cooking utensil is much tougher and more durable than others.
This desirable characteristic allows cooks to utilize the pans as much as possible for a range of different dishes that require intense cooking methods.
This process also leads to the increased resistance to corrosion and abrasion of the surface of this cookware, thus making it a great option for home cooks who are looking for a life-long investment.
Due to the above positive qualities, this pan has gained a strong reputation worldwide and has become a top choice for people keen on frying.
How To Clean Burnt Calphalon Pans? – Deep Cleaning Process
During meal preparation, sometimes you might get this kitchenware burnt accidentally.
So how to clean burnt calphalon stainless steel pans? It is as hard as cleaning wood stove glass. Let’s find out below!
You may think that it can take quite a long time to clean and polish cooking utensils that are crusty and scorched due to being burnt while cooking.
However, the process is not quite as hard as you would imagine. Just follow the instructions below:
What To Use
There are several things that you need to prepare for this cleaning process:
- Hot water
- Baking soda
- Lemon and salt
- Soft-bristle brush for dish
- A mild liquid dish soap
- White vinegar
Using baking soda
- Mix a small amount of baking soda powder into warm water to create a baking soda paste.
- Apply two to three layers of this baking soda solution to the pan’s surface.
- Let it rest for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Use a soft-bristle brush to scrub the pan
- Wash it gently with water
Using white vinegar
- Combine 1 cup of vinegar with 1 cup of water
- Pour this mixture onto the surface of the cookware.
- Boil this mixture in the kitchenware on low or medium heat.
- Wait for the mixture to come to a boil 2-3 times. Take the kitchenware off the heat and let it sit for several minutes.
- Remove the mixture and gently scrub the pan with a soft brush.
- Wash with clean water to remove all the remaining stubborn stains
Using lemon and salt
- Mix 1.5 teaspoons of lemon juice with two teaspoons of salt ( you can also raise the quantity depending on your need).
- Put this mixture on the surface of your pots or pans.
- Let it sit for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Gently scrub with a soft-bristled brush.
- Wash thoroughly again with water.
Key Tips To Clean Calphalon Pans
Similar to keeping your vinyl floor clean, when washing this specific type of cookware, there are a few things you need to be mindful of.
Always read the product description and cleaning instructions provided by the manufacturer as they are the ones who know best about their products.
Additionally, the special anodized aluminum non-stick surface also needs extra care and attention.
Avoid using metallic brushes, steel wool, or any rough-material cleaning tools that can destroy the smooth surface of the pan.
Besides using the appropriate cleaning apparatus, it is also important to apply a suitable cleaning agent.
To increase the lifespan of your Calphalon pans, it is recommended you strictly use a soft liquid soap to clean them.
Once you have washed them thoroughly with the correct liquid soap, dry them on a vertical dish shelf to effectively let all the water drip off.
Lingering water droplets in between the crevices of the pan can develop strange smells and bacteria.
Maintenance And Care Instructions For A Calphalon Pan
To help the cookware remain new and non-stick, you should follow these tips:
- Make sure the metallic surface cools down before washing.
- Wash the pan with warm or slightly hot water.
- If possible, replace metal utensils with plastic ones to reduce scratches on the surface of your pans.
- Avoid cutting ingredients directly in the kitchenware.
- Use a particular cleanser when washing this kitchenware.
How To Clean Burnt Bottom Of Calphalon Pans?
As grease and some ingredients can spill over the sides of the kitchenware when you cook with it, the bottom and exterior of the pan can also get burnt.
However, cleaning these areas can be particularly challenging and time-consuming.
If these above methods do not work with the condition of your aluminum cookware, consider using a special cleaner called Calphalon Dormond Hard-Anodized Cookware Cleaner and Polish.
This cleaner will work wonders on the stubborn stains on your pans.
Here’s how to use it:
- Use a soft-bristle sponge or dish soap to wash the cookware with water thoroughly.
- Pour the special cleaning solution onto a wet dishcloth or pad and apply this to the bottom of the kitchenware.
- Let it sit for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Scrub the pan using a soft sponge and warm water. In some cases, you may need to scrub for a longer period depending on the condition of the aluminum cookware.
- Wash again with water and let the pan dry.
How To Remove Burnt Food From Calphalon Pan?
What you should do in this case is use a plastic utensil to scrape off the remaining food that is stuck in the pan.
Remember not to use metal utensils as this could lead to scratches on your non-stick pots.
After that, use the traditional methods listed above or wash the kitchenware with a particular cleanser to remove the burnt.
Regular Cleaning Process For A Calphalon Pan
If you are looking for an answer to the question, “how to clean a calphalon pan“, the below information is of great importance as it teaches you everything you need to know about the cleaning process of Calphalon pans.
What to use
- Warm water
- Soft sponge
- A mild liquid dish cleanser
- A soft-bristle dish brush
Wash the cookware with warm water: Hold it under a running tap and let water splash around it. Before starting to scrub, remove stuck-on foods.
Wash the pan’s surface by hand: Although you can use a dishwasher to wash some cookware, it is recommended to clean a Calphalon pan by hand to protect its surface.
Moreover, cleaning by hand also gives you a chance to spot clean the pan.
Use soft scrubbers and soaps: Bear in mind that you should use soft soaps that do not contain harsh chemicals to prevent the chemicals from corroding the pan’s surface.
Furthermore, only clean the pan with a soft dish brush to avoid scratches.
Wash the cookware thoroughly: After spending time soaking the pan, you should scrub your kitchenware thoroughly to make sure that you have already washed away all the remaining food and soap residue.
Otherwise, any impurities leftover can become dry on the surface of the stainless steel kitchenware, leading to an unhygienic film.
Moreover, you should shake off all excess water and put the cookware on a dish rack to help it dry quicker.
The burnt condition of these non-stick pans may be frustrating as few users know how to clean burnt calphalon pans the correct way.
Hopefully, this article has given you useful solutions and tips to wash and protect this type of kitchenware so that you can keep your item new and clean for a long time.